Sunday, January 19, 2014

Chambray Dress + 2014 Update!

Happy New Year, everyone!

I hope you all had an amazing Christmas. Despite being sick, I had a lovely holiday with my family and husband. I was absolutely spoiled this year with so many thoughtful and beautiful presents - I even got an iPad from Santa :). 

2014 has already been crazy busy and I'm only now getting a chance to write the first blog of the year! Two of my new years resolutions are to read more (watch less TV),  and stop procrastinating so much with putting my ideas and plans/future in place. The reading hasn't been going so well but want to know the good news? The lack of reading is because I have been spending so much time making things happen! In the 3 short weeks of 2014, here is what I've been up to:

  • I have made my makeup business, April Pink Beauty, official! I still have a few more things to take care of but I am now a business owner (oh my god)!! I've been talking about doing this for years and I finally put it all in place! I wouldn't have gotten to where I am today without all the wonderful people in my life. Thank you for all your love and support <3.
  • I have rented a booth and the upcoming Spring Devotion Wedding show for my business. I have all my booth ideas put together and I have over a month to put them all together!! Its going to be pretty great and I will definitely post some pictures for everyone to see! If you are a bride, make sure to drop by booth #24 to say hi and see my work in person (booth spoiler alert - there's models!).
  • I had my first film gig of the year with Filigree Productions and Skye Tostowaryk. We shot a music video for a local band called Uneeda and the synopsis was pretty incredible! It was a long day but really fun and I learned so much. Big thanks to Skye (key makeup) for showing me the ropes of the industry, being so patient, hanging out, and answering all my questions. Also, a big thanks goes out to Steven Gosse for asking me to be part of it of it all, our makeup assistant Jana for helping Skye and I out BIG time, all the crew (many familiar faces from previous TV/Film gigs I had in 2013), the actors/extras for being so awesome & helpful, and Stephen Lewis for supplying me locally with everything I needed for special fx makeup on such short notice! I'll post a link to the video when its done, but here's a sneak peek at the slave makeup I did on Jack:


So I'm still on somewhat of a clothing shopping ban (except for the retail therapy I did last weekend lol) but I have an outfit to share before I clue up this blog post. My mom and dad gave me this gorgeous Chambray dress for Christmas and its a perfect addition to my closet (and my love for Chambray). Here I paired it with black tights and my Steve Madden riding boots:


I received some other clothing for Christmas so I will post another outfit next week (hopefully Friday or sometime over the weekend). As always, thanks for reading and I'll see you in the next blog :)!

Much Love,
April
xo

4 comments:

  1. Thanx for sharing such a informative topic.I found just the info I already searched all over the place and simply couldn’t come across.
    StaffXperts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of the best array that I admission anytime read. You admission provided a abounding breadth of information. I will in ability allocation it with my added friends. Accrue up the able work, I would to breach in associate with your posts

      video door phone in balangir

      Delete
  2. Thanks for writing in such an encouraging post. I had a glimpse of it and couldn’t stop reading till I finished. I have already bookmarked you. Bulk SMS Service Provider in ORISSA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone needs to run this post through a spell / gramatical check. Also, wow oh wow look at me I am soooooooooooooo busy I doing' this and that and the other thing. Look at me go. I love myself. I'm so great. Everyone please look at me and comment on how I can just call myself a 'makeup artist and lol..fashion blogger' and apparently get away with it without having any experience or training to back it up. EGO driven foolishness is what this 'blog' is all about.

    ReplyDelete