Sunday, September 15, 2013

Curvy Girl Fashion - Weekly Work Outfits

Ok, I'm getting back into the swing of things I just need to get on a weekly routine again with these blog posts! Work has been super busy but I'm slowly catching up. One of these outfits is what I wore on the first day of school, and two outfits are what I wore to work this week (one dressy and one casual). 

This one is my first day of school outfit. If you are a teacher, or any type of school staff you have to admit - picking out that first day of school outfit is still fun! And if you don't, you're lying :). This year I wore grey dress pants from Reitmans, an owl printed blouse from Ricki's, and a black 3/4 length sleeve cardigan from Reitmans. These dress pants are so comfortable! I got them in petite so they are the perfect length to wear with flats (there are a lot of stairs and slippery floors at work so I usually pass on the heels). They don't have a button/zipper fly - instead they just pull on so they are great for those days you feel like you ate just a few too many carbs. They are basically yoga pants made out of dress pants material so how can you go wrong? The owl blouse, well - I had to. Its a cream coloured top with a overall print of two cute little owls. I wore the cardigan for a little more coverage as the owl top is sleeveless. The red shoes are just little flats from Payless!


The next outfit I didn't realize looked very much like one from my previous blog post. Last time I wore the polka dot top, green cropped pants, and black cardigan. This time I wore that same polka dot top from Forever 21+, black ankle pants from Reitmans, and a green cardigan from Reitmans for a little pop of colour. I didn't realize the similarity until after I posted this outfit on my Instagram and saw my previous outfit from a couple of weeks ago. I just wore plain black flats with this outfit.


And finally, a casual outfit. On Friday's I usually pick out something a little more laid back (not necessarily jeans) but still put together. Friday, I wore a taupe flowy sleeveless blouse from Forever 21+ (with a long black tank underneath), black leggings from Eclipse, and boots from Madden Girl. To top it all off, I wore a pink headband from Forever 21 for a little pop of colour :)


I still have so many outfit ideas I want to share on my blog! You guys still give such amazing positive feedback and you keep me motivated to keep this going. And it gives me an excuse to go shopping!!! Thank you everyone for all your love and support <3

Much Love,
April
xo

2 comments: