Friday, August 30, 2013

Curvy Girl Fashion - Back to work outfits

I apologize for the lack of outfits lately. Being a school secretary and having all summer off makes me very lazy for fashion. I wear shorts, tank tops, sun dresses, maxi dresses, and flip flops or Toms all the time! I also didn't do a lot of clothing shopping over the summer so I didn't have many new things to share. I went back to work on Wednesday and started getting back into my outfit routine so I thought I would share my Thursday and Friday outfits (yes...two!) on my blog.

On Thursday, I wore apple green cropped jeans from Bluenotes, a polka dot tank top from Forever 21+, a black cardigan from Reitmans, and sandals from Payless (these were my favorite the summer when I dressed up). The first days of work at my job are running around and lifting things so I wanted to be comfortable but still put together.



Today my outfit was a bit out of my comfort zone. I love the galaxy leggings trend but wasn't sure if I could pull it off with my age and size. When I saw them on the Forever 21 site I figured I would just go for it (and they were only $7.80!!). When I tried them on I still wasn't sure but once I put them with an outfit I fell in love! And a few of my co workers were totally digging them (thank you...you know who you are <3). I paired them with a black belted polyester tunic from Forever 21+ (I got it in the same order) and some black ankle boots. Again, put together yet comfy for running around trying to get all my work done before the students come back next week!



I am hoping that my blog routine will get back on track with the Fall coming up. Its already Fall here where I live - we went from summer to late November weather overnight. I love summer but I really enjoy the cooler weather, boots, fall clothing, pumpkin scented everything from Bath & Body Works, kids coming back to school all excited in their new clothes, school bag and lunchbag, and pumpkin spiced lattes are my favorite Starbucks drink! I have a few weddings (makeup) through the fall too which is pretty exciting. 

I have so many new makeup & beauty products I fell in love with over the summer and I'm really hoping to catch up on my reviews and share some of my new holy grail items on my blog. Stay tuned for lots of exciting blog posts!

Much Love,
April
xo

2 comments:

  1. Ohh I love your green trousers and polka dot top, I wish we had forever 21 in N.Ireland!

    Lorraine xx
    http://lollikelly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love those galaxy leggings on you! You're such a beaut!

    ReplyDelete