Sunday, June 2, 2013

Review: CoverGirl Clump Crusher Mascara

I have been using a new mascara for over a month now - I wanted to make sure I used it long enough to give it a good honest review. Since its a makeup product that almost everyone uses, I figured it would make a great blog post! Here is my Makeup Alley review with picture of my lashes before, and my lashes after. I give it a 4 out of 5!


I'm a mascara junkie and I'm always on the hunt for a drugstore product that will make my eyelashes look great (I don't buy high end mascaras). But I almost always fail and return back to my trusty old L'Oreal (Telescopic, Voluminous, Million Lashes, etc). Something told me that I would like this mascara so I decided to give it a go and it turns out its now one of my favorites. 

I have sort of short straight lashes - they absolutely need to be curled and I always choose the waterproof forumula because it hold curl the best. This mascara separates my lashes beautifully one by one with NO clumping. Its very buildable and versitile - 1 coat gives you every day lashes, 2 coats gives you a little more drama, and 3 coats gives you gorgeous unclumped voluminous long looking lashes that don't look like spider legs. I would even dare to say this mascara makes my lashes look like false lashes (unlike those other mascaras out there that claim to but don't even come close. And the models in the commercials are wearing false lashes). Clump Crusher lasts all day long with very minimal flaking, and is easy to remove with a makeup wipe. It gives my eyes so much definition that I often just skip liner and eyeshadow and wear it alone.

I gave it a 4 because I don't like the size of the wand. My lashes aren't very thick and I find that when I apply this mascara the wand is so large that I get product on my upper eyelid at the base of my lashes (not so nice on days I don't wear eyeliner and wear light eye shadow). I also find its not as waterproof as my trusty L'Oreal. When I laugh my eyes water and this mascara transfers very easily onto the lower part of my eye. But that's not a huge deal breaker for me, I just need to clean it up a little bit when I have those issues. I will definitely repurchase this mascara and highly recommend it!


If you have any questions, please let me know! 

Much Love,
April
xo

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great mascara - I will have to try and find it online x

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete