Monday, May 6, 2013

Curvy Girl Fashion - eShakti Owl Love Dress + Birthday Week + Makeup Area Redecorating

I've had this dress since December and you've seen it in my review blog but I haven't worn it - it has just been too cold here for such a flowy dress and I needed to get the length hemmed. I finally brought it to a seamstress last month and got it hiked up to my knee and I'm even more in love with it now than I was when I got it! 

Today, I decided to spruce up my Monday and style my Owl Love dress for work. I paired it with a white cardigan from Old Navy and my red flats from Payless. For jewelry I wore my Guess watch and my new Pandora bracelet my husband gave me for my birthday. The length is so much more flattering for my height (you can see what it looked like before here).


I turned 31 on Tuesday and it was the best birthday I ever had! The entire school where I work sang me happy birthday during the morning announcements (I cried a lot!!) and I got lots of homemade cards, hugs, birthday wishes, a candy bouquet, dinner, and lots of very thoughtful presents from my family and friends. I am such a lucky girl to have all these wonderful people in my life who make me so happy. Thank you so much to everyone!

Here is a little picture of my Pandora bracelet. My first charm was appropriately, an owl. I can't wait to start collecting more charms :)


And also this week I finally completed my makeup corner redecorating - I am so pleased with the results! This was the before....

 

And this is the after! I kept the mirror on the wall, and my chair. Hoping to find a leopard print rug for under my chair. And yes, that's a Jersey Shore calendar - its my guilty pleasure! :)


The storage drawer is from eBay, the desk is from Walmart, the director's chair is from Pier 1 Imports, the pink/green baskets are from Michaels, the tray behind makeup mirror is from Winners, makeup mirror is from Bed Bath and Beyond, and supplies to make brush holder are from Michaels! My everyday makeup is in the big drawer, and my eyeshadow palettes are in the little drawer to the right. Everything is sectioned off with mesh trays and organized very neatly!

Thanks for reading!! See you in the next blog :)

Much Love,
April
xo

3 comments:

  1. Love love LOVE all of this!!! The dress is stunning and I love the new length. The makeup corner? So perfect and I love how you worked in your favorite colors. You're such a star with this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The information in your blog is very informative. Keep up the good work. WLCI School of Fashion offers various courses and programmes in fashion courses, which are very interactive and prepares students for real fashion world.
    To Know More Information Visit:
    http://www.wlcifashion.in/

    ReplyDelete