Saturday, March 23, 2013

Review - Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Eyeshadow in "Bad To The Bronze"



Just wrote this review on Makeup Alley and thought I'd share it on my blog because its been a while since I've posted. I haven't been feeling very fashion inspired lately and I've been busy - I'll most more soon because its starting to get warmer here and spring outfits are calling my name! :)


I bought this solely because of the hype on YouTube and wasn't expecting myself to love it it this much. I usually don't do cream eyeshadows just because I have such oily and somewhat hooded lids - even high end products with a primer will crease on me so I didn't have high hopes. I picked this up numerous times at the drugstore and put it back on the shelf again because I just didn't think it would work for me.

When I opened this up, I noticed its more of a taupe colour (kinda reminds me of MACs Satin Taupe) than bronze but I still loved the colour. Its nice and creamy and goes on very smooth. I put it on my lid with a somewhat fluffy eyeshadow brush or pack it on with a flat shader - both look amazing and its very a very buildable product. For day time, I just finish this off with a light brown as a transition shade and a medium brown in my crease but it can also be smoked out for a night time look as well with a dark brown or black.

The staying power of this product is what absolutely blew me away. My eyelids are super oily and even with a primer most products will crease & fade. I wore LORAC eye primer under this eyeshadow on one eye, and without a primer on the other. After about 10 hours of wear (including a nap!) this eyeshadow still looks amazing on both eyes!!! The eye without the primer is slightly starting to move but I can only notice because I looked closely in my lighted makeup mirror. So with or with a primer this stuff lasts! 

I got it for under $10 which is great for such an amazing product and its easily obtainable at any drugstore. There's lots in the jar so I expect it to last me quite a long time. This product is a lazy gals best friend - you can just put this on your lid, blend out the edges, put on some mascara and run out the door still looking like you spent time on your makeup. Anyone has got to love that! When I run out, I will definitely repurchase this and I plan to go back and get a few more colours of this product to try out. Every girl needs to have this in their makeup bag or collection!

1 comment:

  1. April, I love your product reviews. I can tell you are being honest which is great! Keep up the great blog!!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete