Saturday, March 9, 2013

Review - CoverGirl Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation

I just wrote a review on MakeupAlley for CoverGirl's Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation and thought I'd share it on my blog for my readers. I seem to only blog about beauty products I love so here's a review on a product I wasn't overly fond of. This product has been receiving excellent reviews in the beauty community lately so I thought I'd put my holy grail foundations (Revlon ColourStay & Rimmel 25 Hour Lasting Finish Foundation) aside and give it a try. I gave it a 3 out of 5 lipsticks...the pump really increased its rating for me! Here's the review:
I haven't purchased a CoverGirl product since I was a teenager but this one had such high reviews I figured I'd give it a shot. I honestly have to say I gave this product 2 months to see if I'd fall in love with it some day but no such luck. 

The formula is too runny for my liking and the coverage isn't great. When I tried to layer it for a little more coverage, my face I was a cakey mess. The staying power isn't great either and didn't last me all day (like my Revlon Colourstay and Revlon 25 hour does) - when I wiped it off at night there is barely anything to wipe off. I was also very oily halfway through the day especially on my forehead. I am not sure why but I don't find that Stay Fabulous is a great base for blush and bronzer....every product I put on my cheeks (even pink blush) looks orange! And the worst thing about this product...oxidizing! It looks ok when I first apply it but just give it less than an hour and my face looks orange even with no bronzer. I pump this on my hand when applying and sometimes I forget to wipe it off leaving my hand in an orange mess too! I know this doesn't happen to everyone and a recommended fix is to get a lighter shade but I am already the lightest shade there is so I can't purchase anything lighter. The 3 in 1 doesn't really win me over either - I find better results using a separate primer (I don't mind the extra step) and I don't find the coverage good enough for concealer. I always use a concealer for blemishes and dark under eye circles so I'm not really saving any steps by using this foundation.

There are a few good things which is why I gave it 3 lipsticks (and I think I'm being pretty generous). It does blend pretty well with fingers, sponge and flat top brush. Another great thing is the bottle with the pump - makes application a breeze and it keeps me from wasting the product (I know I only need 1 pump for my whole face). Its pretty cheap at under $10 CAN per bottle!

Overall, I was disappointed with this product. I really wanted to love it but unfortunately I don't. I'll try to use this up (because I hate wasting foundation) but I will be sticking with my holy grail foundations and will not be repurchasing this product. Sorry CoverGirl!


Thanks for reading. If you were thinking about purchasing this product because of the reviews, I hope the information I gave you will help you make a decision. The extreme oxidizing really made me dislike this product the most - nobody wants to look like they just rolled around in a bag of Doritos :)

Much Love,
April
xo

1 comment:

  1. i recently bought this foundation and agree it is a fail. i wanted to like it but like you i found it was runny, didn't last and looked horrible on. i gave up after 8 days :(

    ReplyDelete