Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Curvy Girl Fashion - Black eShakti Dress with Purple

Sorry for the little break in fashion blog posts...I haven't been feeling very inspired lately as we've gotten a 2nd winter where I live and those winter blues returned along with it. I ordered a dress from eShakti about two weeks ago (that I paid for myself) and its arrival yesterday was a perfect opportunity to get back into the swing of things! Today was also a day to wear purple for Epilepsy awareness so I figured I would incorporate some purple into my outfit as well. 

The dress is the "Simply Black Poplin Dress" from eShakti (same website that gave you my owl dress and the blue/yellow eyelet dress I wrote reviews on). I didn't customize this one except bring up the original length of the skirt. You can't really go wrong with a black dress and it is incredibly comfortable. It even has pockets!! Today I wore a little tank underneath to bring up the neckline to a more work appropriate level, a skinny leopard belt at the waist, my tan riding boots from Steve Madden, a lilac button up cardigan from Reitmans, and a plum purple scarf for a little more neckline coverage (and some more purple!). I was iffy about a light purple cardigan with a dark purple scarf but I love how it turned out!! For jewelry, I just wore some bow earrings from Forever 21 and my Guess watch! And lets not forget that cute little owl iPhone case that I got from eBay today! :)



This is one of the many ways I will style this dress casually but it is also something you can dress up with the right accessories. You will likely be seeing this dress a lot on future blog posts - both casual and dressy! If you would like to see a review on this dress please let me know :)

Much Love,
April
xo

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! And I love the way you styled it. I have my first order in to this company and I can't wait for it to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I love eShakti you will be so happy with your order!!! :)

      Delete