Thursday, January 10, 2013

Curvy Girl Fashion - Casual Winter Work Outfit

As I sit here typing this post, the province I live in is getting upwards of 70cm of snow overnight and tomorrow. That's not a typo...that's seventy! I'm all settled in (minus going outside to shovel. I like help my husband and I enjoy the exercise) wearing my cozy owl pjs, fridge and cupboard stocked with food, and all of our technology charged so figured this would be the perfect time to post my 2nd curvy girl outfit.

Before I start, I want to say THANK YOU to every single one of you for the support on my last post - I have over 250 views on that post alone (and 11,000+ on my blog all together)! I want to reach out and hug every single one of you for inspiring me to keep coming up with outfits and making a blog post about them. And one more thing, please keep in mind that my closet is small, and I live in a city that doesn't have a lot of common clothing stores so you're going to see overlap on pieces. My blog is mainly for inspiration on putting something similar together on your own :)

So this week's outfit stemmed from two new items I got from Forever 21+ yesterday: Purple bandage skirt & leopard tights. I wanted to dress it up a little for work so I paired it with a loose sheer black blouse from Forever 21+ and some comfortable faux suede short boots from Walmart. I topped the outfit off with my favorite Owl necklace from Bootlegger, and a sock bun!


I know that shirt isn't the most flattering and does make me look a little more top heavy than I actually am but its comfortable and great for those days you feel a bloated (c'mon, we all have those days)! Loose blouses are all the fashion these days anywho :)


Please excuse the piece of hair falling out in the back. My sockbun is high today and those short little hairs don't always want to stay in.

Definitely one of my favorite necklaces! I love owls :)


I LOVE leopard print. Black/grey leopard print is so much easier to put into an outfit so I had to have these! The only downfall is their quality - I probably should have gotten the next size up because they don't fit correctly on my thighs and with just one wear, they have stretched the seam in the crotch dramatically. I will only get a couple of more wears out of this pair but I'm putting in another Forever 21 order next week so I'll probably get another pair but a bigger size (if they come back in stock).

Well that's all for now. I'm off to enjoy a quiet cozy night at home watching Netflix with my husband :). If you are in Newfoundland tonight, stay safe!

Much Love,
April
xo

5 comments: