Thursday, July 12, 2012

How to: Remove Glitter Nail Polish

Glitter nail polish is so in the past couple of years! But I'll admit - I used think twice about buying it because it was so hard to remove from my nails and to me it just wasn't worth the time. I knew there had to be an easier way so I googled it and sure enough I found the perfect method. This is a very well-known method and is all over the internet but I wanted to share it a picture by picture instruction for my blog, twitter and Facebook followers.


What you'll need:
  • Cotton Rounds
  • 100% Acetone
  • Tin Foil
  • Hand Moisturizer and/or Cuticle Oil
Tip: Cut tin foil into squares (large enough to wrap around the tip of your finger) before you start so you'll have everything ready.



Here we have a nice festive red glitter nail look I wore around Christmas

Take a cotton round and drench it in 100% Acetone.

Tip: You can cut the cotton round into quarters to use less. Just make sure the piece you cut covers your entire nail.

Place the cotton round on your finger nail as shown.


Next, take the tin foil and wrap it around your finger on top of the cotton around. Squeeze it together so it stays.

After you're done, you're hand should look like this. Scary, hey? :)
 

Leave on your fingers for 5 minutes! No more, no less!

Tip: I usually do one hand at a time and reuse the tin foil squares on my other hand.


Press gently press on your nail and slowly remove the cotton & tin foil from your finger in a swiping motion (as if you were removing regular nail polish) and it should come off like this.


Tip: Still nail polish around the corners? Don't fret! Just take the same cotton round you used on your finger and swipe it around your nail to remove any access nail polish. The cotton round should still be damp from before but if not just use a little more acetone.

You should have a clean nail as shown here

Repeat steps for each nail and complete the same steps on your other hand. You should have clean nail polish free fingernails like these...

IMPORTANT:
100% Acetone is VERY drying to your cuticles and fingertips so make sure you moisturize and let your hands dry before reapplying a new nail polish. I also use a cuticle oil to give my cuticles a little extra moisture.

I hope this is useful for you guys. If you have any questions, please let me know :)

Much Love,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment