Saturday, June 30, 2012

Lady Bug Nails, Canada Day Nails & Summer Project

Its been a while since my last post but June was a busy month finishing up work for the summer, parties, weddings (yes, I've had two already!), etc. Even with a busy schedule I still squeezed in some time for nail art so I'm just going to pile them all into one blog post for you to see!


Lady Bug Nails


Canada Day Nails

I did some tropical nails in between but I wasn't overly pleased with my first try at nail stamping so I didn't take a picture. I'm going to retry them over the summer and hopefully they will turn out better :).

I will be doing plenty of nail art over the summer but my big summer project is more in the makeup category - I've purchased a lot of eyeshadows over the last couple of years and some have barely been touched. My collection just grew so fast I couldn't keep up! So I bought myself a composition book where I will write down various eyeshadow combinations (mostly MAC because that's my biggest collection) to try out. My project is every day this summer I will try a new combination from my list - its like rediscovering my makeup collection! I already have 2 pages complied so far and I am not finished yet! I am really excited about this and will be sharing my favorite combinations with you guys. I also have plans to sit out on my back deck and read all my makeup books cover to cover! 

Just a sneak peek at my first combination. I LOVE MAC "Aquadisiac" but I think I only actually wore it once with some other bright colour and immediately wiped it off. I wanted to make it every day wearable so I paired it with MAC "Satin Taupe" in the crease, some liner and mascara and I love how it turned out. Stay tuned for more eyeshadow combinations!
So my summer plans include my makeup project, reading, 5 full wedding parties, socializing, my friends wedding, my 2 year wedding anniversary (which is in two days!), and much more - its going to be a busy but fun summer. Stay safe everyone!

Please like/follow my Facebook page: April Pink Beauty on Facebook

Much Love,
April
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment