Thursday, March 15, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Nails

So I did the green ombre nails which were originally going to be the nails I wore for St. Patrick's Day but was inspired last night to do something a little more. I tried my hand at drawing some shamrocks but it wasn't successful. I googled St. Patrick's Day nails for inspiration and came up with this. I saw some rainbow nails which I automatically fell in love with and what is at the end of a rainbow? A pot of gold! So I did sparkly rainbow on all my fingers and then pots of gold on both my thumbs. I am super proud of how this turned out and everyone is loving them! 
For the blue I used OPI "Dating A Royal", for green I used OPI "Who The Shrek Are You", for the yellow I used OPI "Need Sunglasses", for the orange I used OPI "Hot & Spicy" and for the red I used OPI "Little Red Wagon". I put two coats of China Glaze "Fairy Dust" on top and finished with a top coat. For my thumbs I used OPI "Who The Shrek Are You" for the background, OPI "Black Onyx" for the pot, and GOSH "Gold" & OPI By Nicole "Twist of Fate" for the gold.  


I hope you guys like it! Please be safe if you are having a few green beverages this weekend. Keep an eye out on my twitter to see what eyeshadow look I'll be wearing on Saturday :)
Much Love,
April
xo

2 comments: