Monday, March 19, 2012

Silver & Matte Black Ruffian Nails

Ready for a sleek and classy nail look? Then keep reading! 


First things first - I will not take credit for this design. I saw it on Pinterest and instantly fell in love. I did some research on the photo I saw to give credit where credit is due and I think it originally comes from this lovely blog http://www.lacquerized.com/. The manicure commonly called "ruffian nails" but also known as "reversed half moon nails" - not to be confused with "half moon nails" that are curved against the cuticle (not with with the cuticle like this manicure). I loved the silver and black matte combination - its so classy!
I used an LA Girl Metallic Silver nail polish, OPI "Black Onyx" and Essie "Matte About You" Top Coat that I just got last week from online.


Tip:
I used french manicure guide stickers to get the curves at my cuticle. I stopped using them on my tips when my hand got steady but I wanted to get the same shaped curve on every nail for this manicure and these worked out great! Just make sure your bottom layer is completely dry or remove some of the adhesive by sticking it to the back of your hand a few times before applying. Here's exactly what I had...
Try it out for yourself - its a fast and easy manicure that goes with everything! I hope you like it :)

Much Love,
April
xo

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Found your blog digging through matte black manicures, you did an awesome job translating the design :)

    Ripped Nylon

    ReplyDelete