Friday, March 30, 2012

Easter Bunny Nails

Easter has always been one of my favourite holidays - it means that spring is here (or in our case almost here), my birthday is coming up (April 30th), beautiful pastel colours, lots of yummy chocolate, and summer is just right around the corner. My most vivid memory as a child is getting a new beautiful dress with little ankle socks and mary jane shoes on Easter morning. I would go to church with my mom in the morning (my dad is not a church goer), have lunch at my grandparent's and spend all day in that cute little Easter outfit and eat solid chocolate bunnies that I got from my family. I love warm fuzzy memories of my happy childhood :).


Anyway - I wanted to do something Easter for the kids at my work so I did some bunnies! I started this manicure at 10PM and when I opened up my OPI "Alpine Snow" Matte, I found a chunky, lumpy and terribly dried up mess so I couldn't get the bunny ears a consistent size or shape on each nail because the polish would just not cooperate with me. Perhaps I am being too hard on myself but I am a perfectionist. I don't think the children at my work were worried because they went crazy for them...and even the staff loved them!


I painted my whole nail with OPI "Do You Lilac It". I used OPI "Alpine Snow" for the bunny, OPI "My Address Is Hollywood" for the ears and nose, OPI "Dating a Royal" for the eyes and a black striper for the whiskers. Here it is:



I am going to do at least one more Easter manicure before my break so stay tuned :)

Much Love,
April
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment