Thursday, February 9, 2012

Quick & Easy Valentine's Day Nails - XO

Lately I've been feeling very uninspired with nail art so I've just been getting good use out of my glitter nail polishes and trying different colours under them. For the last few days I've been wearing OPI "Koala Berry" under OPI "Rainbow Connection" and I got a lot of compliments on them! Unfortunately like with most glitter nail polishes, it started to chip off in chunks so I had to remove it and put something back on my nails fast. Since valentines day is right around the corner, I wanted to do something for the occasion but I only had about an hour before I went to bed so I didn't have much time.

So I painted my nails all over with OPI "Princesses Rule" (I had to use 4 coats to get that really shimmery pink like the bottle but it didn't bubble up and layered very nicely). Then with a nail art brush I used OPI "I'm not really a waitress" I put an "X" and "O" diagonal down my nail. I finished with China Glaze "Fairy Dust" to give it a little sparkle and then a top coat. For something so simple and only took half an hour, I thought it turned out pretty cute!



I'm not a big fan of valentines day and never really was. My husband and I will acknowledge it but we celebrate our love all year round and its always been that way! But doing my nails for whatever holiday or occasion is coming up is always fun :). I hope you like it!

Much Love (all year round),
April
xoxo (hehe)

2 comments:

  1. Soo cute :) I can't wait to think of some cute nails to do for valentines day, might use this as inspiration!


    xo

    Haylee

    http://www.dolledupdaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the desing that u painted on your nails! follow u now, we could follow each other :)
    If u can, visit:
    unknownlooks.blogspot.com
    See ya!

    ReplyDelete