Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Favorite Perfume & Body Sprays

I'm not much of a scent person because I work in a very scent free environment and I find it difficult to dish out that much money for something I don't wear every day. I also find it very difficult to find scents I like because I find strong scents often give me a headache. About 2 years ago, I won a Biggest Loser competition for losing the most weight and one of the prizes was any perfume of my choice from Shoppers Drug Mart. It was a box of 10 samples of perfume that they carry and a gift certificate. I spent a week spraying and wearing each perfume and finally decided on Marc Jacobs Daisy. I tend to go for the softer, sweet and fruity perfumes and this had it all for me!



The Sephora website describes it as this:

"Strawberry, Violet Leaves, Ruby Red Grapefruit, Violet Petals, Jasmine Petals, Musk, Vanilla and White Woods."

While there is musk in there, its not overpowering like most perfumes. I get mostly the sweet scents when I spray this. It settles down after a few hours of wear but still sticks around and doesn't disappear. And look at that adorable bottle! It has to be one of the cutest perfumes on the market. It looks great on my makeup table as a decoration too.

Now, for my favorite body sprays! I actually have two that I absolutely love.  There is this cute little store in my beautiful city of St. John's called TVAL. Its sort of like Lush with homemade soaps, bath bombs, creams, lotions, mineral makeup and natural products. They have a body spray in the scent "Cotton Candy" and it is gorgeous. Its smells exactly like the cotton candy you would pick up at the fair when you are finished using all your ride tickets. There is little to no musk scent in this spray and its very sweet. I have to get it especially made because they don't put this particular body spray on their store shelves anymore. For a few dollars extra its totally worth it! Here is what the bottle normally looks like:
And finally, my husband gave me a gift set for Christmas from Bath & Body Works in the scent "Sweet Pea". It came with 2 lotions, body wash and body spray. He did really good because its exactly what I would go for if I was shopping for myself. The Bath & Body Works website describes it as this:

"Sweet Pea, Watery Pear, Logan Berry, Rhubarb, Cyclamen, Freesia, Raspberry, Musk."

Again, the musk is very subtle and I mostly get the fruity scents when I smell it. Sweet Pea is beautiful and lingers on my skin all day long. Here is what the bottle looks like:
That's all for now. If you like sweet, soft subtle scents I highly suggest you try these out. If you would like me to write a blog post about any of my other favorite beauty items, please list them in the comments below :).

Much Love,
April
xo

14 comments:

  1. Love this post! Thankyou for following our blog :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sweet scents, I'll go try these out for sure!


    xo

    Dolled Up Daily

    Haylee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on winning the weight loss competition. I find that losing weight is the hardest thing to do but such a big accomplishment! You should be really proud of yourself! I love the Marc Jacobs scent but right now I've been using D&G #3 and it's so awesome. I don't think I can wear anything else lol!

    welivedourlivesinstyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice and interested blog :) follow each other?Paint her♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure no sweat..following your blog now :)

      Delete
  5. AMAZING BLOG. I INVITE YOU TO VISIT MY BLOG AND IF YOU LIKE IT TO FOLLOW ME ON GOOGLE FRIENDS AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO FOLLOW U BACK!!
    XOXO FROM ITALY
    A_C'EST MOI
    WWW.LAMODEOUICESTMOI.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh iv never smelt any of these x

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice blog!
    i hope we will follow each other!

    visit, comment and follow
    THE CHIC AND CHEAP BLOG i will follow you back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh, I will have to check out this Sweet Pea! I remember having a bath set in the cotton candy scent from tval before and it was a-mazing. :)

    I've gotta say, my favourite pefume that I've got right now was super duper cheap, from Garage Clothing, of all places! It's actually like spraying on a ray of sunshine, covered in fuit and flowers!

    Link to a review: http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Garage/GRG-10102.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely keep my eye out for it. Thanks!! :)

      Delete