Monday, December 5, 2011

Santa's Coat Nails

Continuing with my Christmas theme...I wanted to do some Santa nails! I have to mention that the kids I work with are loving my designs. And lately while Christmas shopping, almost every cashier compliments my nails when I hand them my card. I really enjoy inspiring people to try some nail art on their own nails :)


I google "santa nails" for inspiration and saw some santa face designs but when I saw a design with his coat I had to recreate my own! There was a lot of different ways to do it but I always loved Santa's who had that coats with the thick white fur (instead of just the thin cheap looking ones) so I wanted to recreate that. I painted my nails with China Glaze "Ruby Pumps" for the red, used the brush of the nail polish OPI "She's Golden" to make the fur (just a stripe down the middle and a stripe across the tip). To give it a little kick I just put an iridescent nail polish and put it on top of the white to give it some sparkle. Next I used China Glaze "Liquid Leather" and the brush from that nail polish to make a black stripe for his belt. Finally I took a silver nail art polish and made a little box in the center for his belt buckle. Its super easy to do and I hope you'll try this one out for the holidays!!



Much Love,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment