Thursday, December 29, 2011

Santa Nails

Hope you're all having a lovely holiday! I didn't get to all the Christmas designs on had on my list so I am going to save them for next year and probably start a little earlier. The last of the Christmas Nail Art is Santa Faces (which is what I wore most of the week of Christmas). My dotting tool set arrived in the mail just before Christmas so I got to try them out with these nails.


First I painted all my nails with OPI "Samoan Sand" for his face and then painted a thick red line at my cuticle for his hat using OPI "Little Red Wagon". Next I made a white line at the tip of my nail for his beard, the same white for the fur on his hat and used a dotting tool to connect his beard to the hat for sideburns. For his face, I gave him a little pink nose, black & white nail polishes for his eyes and finished with a top coat (Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat...my favorite)!
My cuticles are messy but I really them! These chipped pretty easily because the white I used wasn't a good brand so I ended up taking them off and just using OPI "Little Red Wagon" under OPI "Gettin' Miss Piggy With It" for some festive red nails!

Stay tuned for some new years nails coming up in the next couple of days! :)

Much Love,
April
xo

2 comments:

  1. Love the Christmas themed nail art! Wish I would have found you during the holidays. I would have rocked them Santas and reindeer ;)
    SunshineCitizen

    ReplyDelete
  2. really nice theme thanks for sharing this awesome nails.
    nail salon newcastle

    ReplyDelete