Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Holiday Party Nails!

So I had my friends housewarming/birthday/Christmas party Saturday and you already saw what my makeup looked like - now to show you what nails I was sporting! I loved the festive green nails but I wanted something different and quick for the party. I ran to the drugstore to pick up something and there was 1 single bottle of OPI "Rainbow Connection" staring me right in the eye. I've been searching for this since the Muppets collection was released and it was always sold out. I had to buy it...and I did :).


I didn't have much time to do my nails so I just chose a black base (China Glaze "Liquid Leather") and put a thick coat of OPI "Rainbow Connection" on top. I absolutely LOVE this combination - its gorgeous!!



"Rainbow Connection" has to be one of my favorite OPI nail polishes and I highly recommend it! It is extremely difficult to get off with just regular nail polish remover and that's the only downfall in my opinion (but that's to be expected with glitter nail polishes). To remove it, I used a cotton pad soaked in pure acetone and sealed my fingertip with tin foil. Left it for about 5-10 minutes and it was gone instantly! Make sure to moisturize your cuticles and hands well after using pure acetone because it is very drying. I used a generous amount of a Gingerbread body butter from a local soap store :)

I will have another nail art blog post tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Much Love,
April

2 comments:

  1. So incredibly beautiful! want want want!!

    Liz
    http://www.aspirationsofglam.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete