Friday, December 2, 2011

Help-Portrait



I am volunteering for a great cause tomorrow and I wanted to share it with my lovely followers. Its called "Help-Portrait" and it is a global movement of photographers using their time, gear and expertise to give back to those in need. No, I am not a photographer but I am volunteering my makeup expertise to prep everybody before they get their picture taken! This is my first time doing something like this as a makeup artist and I'm really excited. A huge shout out goes to photographer Brian Carey who has set up the program here in St. John's, Newfoundland. This will be the first Help-Portrait here and I am really hoping it will continue for years to come! There is nothing more rewarding, both professionally and personally, to give to those in need - especially during the holiday season. My heart is all warm and fuzzy just thinking about tomorrow!


If I have time, I will blog from the event on my iPhone. If not, I will blog tomorrow night (or sometime this weekend) and let you know how it went. With lots of photographers around shooting pics I'm sure I will have a few pictures to share with you guys also :)!


If you are interested in finding out more please check out the website:
http://help-portrait.com/ or Help-Portrait St. John's Facebook Page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Portrait-St-Johns-Newfoundland/233246456705993?sk=info




April

1 comment:

  1. Cool, I'm so happy to be a part of this and work with such great people!

    ReplyDelete