Sunday, September 18, 2011

Nails of the Week: Strawberries & Chocolate

This week's nails were inspired by a design I saw here.  I am by no means trying to claim this design as my own. I googled this design and I know that many people have done various different versions of it. I know there is a lot of "you copied (insert blogger/youtuber here)'s design" going around so I just feel the need to put a disclaimer here. I do this for fun on myself only because I enjoy it and want to share it with other people. If you put things online to share, someone is guaranteed going to "steal it". I'm putting it up here because I want you to be inspired and maybe try something like this for yourself. There's a lot of anger and negativity going around in the beauty community and I want no part in it.

Anyway...onto the nails!


As always, OPI Nail Envy as treatment and base coat

One coat of OPI "Little Red Wagon" all over the nail (my absolute favorite red nail polish)

OPI's "Suzi Loves Cowboys" as the chocolate on the tips
Dotted seeds with Cina Nail Art Pen in Black

Milani Nail Art Pen in "Green Sketch" for the leaf at the top (which I know isn't perfect but on a real strawberry they aren't either)

I sealed that all together with Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat

Finally, I put Joe Fresh Matte Top Coat on just the brown only to make the chocolate look more realistic (couldn't find a pic of the product)

And here it is!


Hope you like it...until next time :)
Much Love,
April

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I actually like yours more than your inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete