Friday, September 2, 2011

Matte Nails with Shiny Tips

My good friend Mel posted a link on my Facebook wall earlier this week of some pretty amazing nails that I immediately had to recreate! Here is the link she sent me:


http://www.highsnobette.com/news/2011/08/29/black-shine-on-black-matte-manicure/


Here is my version:


Here are the products I used:


As always, OPI Navy Envy Original as a treatment/base coat


LA Girl Matte in Black all over my nails (2 coats)
China Glaze in "Liquid Leather" on my tips 
Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat on my tips for some added shine

I am absolutely loving the matte nail polish look - especially for fall! So I'll be rocking these nails a lot over the next couple of months. I got the LA Girl polish at Lawtons for $1.99 each - which is a steal! I wasn't hopeful about their quality for such a cheap price but I've been wearing this look since Monday (its now Friday evening) and there is no wearing or chipping whatsoever! I picked up a purple, blue and pink as well so I'm really excited to play around with those!


Much Love,
April Pink


(All photos taken by my husband, Derek)

No comments:

Post a Comment